"This is a really great tuna salad recipe I got from a friend who used it in her catering service business many years ago. The secret ingredients are the curry and Parmesan cheese! Odd combinations but this makes a terrific tuna sandwich! She used it for an appetizer with gourmet crackers and people always wanted her recipe. I have never tasted another tuna salad quite like this one, and it has been my favorite recipe for tuna salad for many, many years."
Make 4 servings.
- 1 (7 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with curry powder, parsley, dill and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.