1 pound baby red potatoes
8 ounces (1/2 of a 16-ounce bag) petite baby carrots
1 teaspoon of EACH dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, and paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and cracked pepper
1/4 cup olive oil separated
8 ounces (2 cups) asparagus
1/2 large yellow onion
1 package (13 ounces) skinless smoked sausage (we use turkey sausage)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Optional: fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easier clean-up (optional).
- Halve the baby red potatoes (or cube if they are larger). In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings: the dried basil, thyme, oregano, paprika, onion powder, and salt + pepper (I use a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of each). Mix together.
- Place the halved red potatoes and baby carrots on the sheet pan. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the seasoning mix on top. Toss to combine and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the asparagus by trimming the ends and cutting into 2 inch pieces. Thinly slice the yellow onion. Coin the sausage.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots from the oven and using a spatula push them to one side of the pan. On the other side add in the chopped asparagus, sliced onion, sausage, and minced garlic. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining seasoning mix. Toss to combine and then toss those ingredients with the potatoes and carrots.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are roasted to your desired preference. Top the dish with freshly grated parmesan and fresh parsley as desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
Original Recipes visit: One Pan Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Asparagus, and Sausage @ chelseasmessyapron.com