10 tablespoons of butter, cubed
16 cups of mini marshmallows plus 4 more cups for mixing in at the end
14 cups of Fruity Pebbles
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
Non stick cooking spray
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray generously with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large cooking pot, melt butter gently over low flame.
- Once butter has melted, stir in 16 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Continue stirring marshmallows and butter over low heat until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in Fruity Pebbles cereal and salt.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Stir in additional 4 cups of marshmallows reserving a handful to press on top of the bars.
- Transfer to baking dish, then top with remaining marshmallows.
- Use slightly damp hands to gently flatten.
- Let cool 30 minutes and cut into bars.
- For this recipe you will need approximately 42oz of mini marshmallows, I used two 16oz bags and one 10oz bag.
- You will also need 14 cups of Fruity Pebbles, which is about 1 1/2 15 oz boxes of Fruity Pebbles. Which means you would need to buy 2 15oz boxes unless your grocery store carries a large sized box.
Original Recipes visit: Rainbow Marshmallow Dream Bars @ number-2-pencil.com