2 9-inch pre-made pie crusts
9 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
6.5 oz jarred artichoke hearts, drained
2 garlic cloves
4 oz cream cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg white
Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Make sure that spinach and artichoke hearts are nicely squeezed. Chop artichoke hearts and spinach a little extra and add both to the mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, pressed garlic, and salt into the mixing bowl as well. Mix well until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut a little less than an inch off the sides, to form a square (it may not be a perfect square and it's okay). Cut each square in half.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of spinach artichoke mixture and place it in the center of each pie crust half. Spread if in a shape of a rectangle leaving about an each of pie crust on each end. (You may have a little bit of filling left over...spread it on a cracker!) Fold the hand pies and make sure to lightly press the seams together. You can use the pieces of dough that you cut off to cover any space not covered when folding the ends together or make shapes and decorate the top.
- Place hand pies on a baking sheet. Whisk egg white and brush each hand pie with it.
- Bake them for 25-27 minutes, until the pies are golden brown.
Original Recipes visit: Spinach Artichoke Hand Pies @ willcookforsmiles.com