3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa (I used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa)
1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
20 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9 inch baking pan, or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Remove brownie from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place brownie into a 9 inch springform pan. Line the sides of the with parchment paper that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan to account for possible overflow.
- Top brownie with cheesecake mixture and spread into an even layer, then put in refrigerator until firm about 4-5 hours.
- Once firm, remove cheesecake from springform pan.
- To make whipped cream for the top, whip heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream on top of cheesecake, then top with strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Original Recipes visit: Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake @ lifeloveandsugar.com