1.25 lbs ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
Taco toppings; shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, cheese, avocado, olives, guacamole, sour cream, tomato, lime wedges, etc.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat, cook the ground turkey with the salt & pepper until cooked through and no longer pink, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and flour. Stir the mixture constantly for 1 minute while it cooks. It will be crumbly (that's ok).
- Slowly add the beef broth, a little bit at a time, while whisking to let it thicken up. Add in tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling add the black beans and corn.
- Turn heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice and taco toppings for delicious burrito bowls.
- It's easiest if you combine the spices and the flour into a small bowl. That way when you are ready for it you can just dump all at once and then stir.
- To make this a quick, 30 minute meal. Prepare and chop your toppings while the meat mixture simmers. Put the rice in the rice cooker or on the stove top first thing.
Original Recipes visit: Turkey Taco Burrito Bowls @ togetherasfamily.com