Asian Cucumber Sesame Salad
2 large English/Hothouse cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons agave nectar (honey or sugar may also be used)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander and toss them with the 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- Let the cucumbers sit in the colander in the sink for 15-30 minutes then rinse them off and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the cucumbers into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients then pour the dressing over the cucumbers and stir everything together.
- Top the salad with the toasted sesame seeds and green onion.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This salad is best eaten the day it is made.
Original Recipes visit: Asian Cucumber Sesame Salad @ reciperunner.com