2 tablespoons olive oil
3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
salt & pepper to season
2 garlic cloves, minced
⅓ cup minced red onion
½ cup of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon course mustard
1 tablespoon honey
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 6 even slices
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
⅓ cup fresh sliced basil
- Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and chicken thighs to pan. Cook each side of the chicken thigh for 5-8 minutes, until there is no longer any pink.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add in garlic and onions. Saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Using a whisk, stir everything together, being sure to get the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to medium low. Let balsamic simmer for another 3-4 minutes stirring the entire time.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, place one slice of mozzarella on each chicken. Cover and let cook on medium low to low for another 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve!
Original Recipes visit: Balsamic Caprese Chicken @ joyfulhealthyeats.com