1 chocolate cake, baked in a 9x13'' pan
1 recipe caramel sauce , or one 16oz jar caramel topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3-4 heath candy bars, chopped*
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Allow cake cool for about 5 minutes, then poke holes in it with a fork or the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- Immediately pour caramel sauce all over the cake. Then pour the sweetened condensed milk (I only usually use about 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk because I think it's sweet enough with just half. But, the traditional recipe uses the entire can. It's up to you!)
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and then beat the mixture until stiff peaks. Smooth the fresh whipped cream over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with heath candy pieces. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to one day, before serving.
*Heath bars also makes a bag of chopped heath bits. It can be found near the chocolate chips at the grocery store. I use about half of the bag for this recipe
Original Recipes visit: Better than Anything Caramel Cake @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com