For the crust:
2/3 cup all purpose flour (may substitute 1:1 GF All Purpose Flour)
5 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
For the filling:
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10″ tart pan (with removable bottom) with nonstick cooking spray. Place your tart pan on a cookie sheet to avoid spilling in your oven.
- Stir flour, coconut, and salt. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and both extracts. Stir until combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. Press to compact it firmly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is no longer glossy. Cool completely before making filling.
- To make the filling, place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl or measuring cup. Heat in the microwave about 2 minutes, or just until it starts to bubble slightly (but don’t let it come to a full boil). Add the chocolate chips. Let it sit for about 10-15 seconds, then whisk until smooth and the chocolate is all dissolved. Pour into crust.
- Let it sit at room temperature until cool and set. You can make this up to 2 days ahead and store covered in the refrigerator but allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Original Recipes visit: Chocolate Macaroon Pie @ crazyforcrust.com