1 large sweet potato (spiralized)
1 small white onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
2 tbsp yellow curry powder (I used Trader Joe's brand, but use your favorite)
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk (I used full fat, but lite would work too)
1/2 cup frozen green peas
juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place your spiralized sweet potato noodles on a rimmed baking sheet in one layer (as best as possible). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, sauté the diced onion in 3 tbsp of water until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes more. Add the curry powder, vegetable broth, and coconut milk. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the green peas and lime juice and stir to combine.
- To serve: ladle individual portions in bowls and then top with sweet potato noodles, lime juice and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, if desired.
I use the Paderno Spiralizer Pro - 4 blade to spiralize my sweet potato.
Original Recipes visit: Coconut Curry Soup with Sweet Potato Noodles @ veggieinspired.com