1 16-oz. bag shredded coleslaw mix
1 cup diced snow peas or shelled edamame
1 cup diced scallions
1 15-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
2 packs oriental flavored ramen noodles
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
- Combine coleslaw mix, snow peas (or edamame), scallions, mandarin oranges and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine vegetable oil, vinegar and sugar then whisk vigorously until well combined. Open ramen packages and remove the seasoning packets. Add the seasoning packets to the oil mixture and whisk until well combined. Cover dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve salad.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over coleslaw mixture. Crumble uncooked ramen noodles then add to coleslaw mixture as well. Gently toss all ingredients until combined. Serve immediately.
- Wait to add the dressing and uncooked ramen until just before you’re ready to serve.
- You can substitute other nuts for the almonds – use what you like.
- No, you can’t make this in a crock pot.
Original Recipes visit: Crunchy Oriental Ramen Salad @ southyourmouth.com