3 tablespoons olive oil
26 oz. assortment of wild mushrooms, sliced (crimini, shitake, oyster, baby bella, whatever you want)
1 red onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
2½ teaspoons fresh thyme, diced
1 lb. Dreamfields linguine pasta
6 oz. goat cheese
¾ cup reserved pasta cooking liquid
salt to taste
¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and mushrooms. Saute for 7-10 minutes until mushrooms start to brown.
- Next add onions, garlic, and season with salt. Saute and stir onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in sherry cooking wine and cook down until liquid is evaporated. Finish with fresh time and set aside.
- Add noodles to pot of boiling water. Cook until al dente (according to package instructions)
- Reserve ¾ cup of pasta cooking liquid and drain the rest.
- Add the noodles, wild mushroom mixture, goat cheese, and cooking liquid to a large bowl. Toss to mix everything together until goat cheese is completely melted.
- Top with chopped hazelnuts!
Original Recipes visit: Drunken Wild Mushroom Pasta @ joyfulhealthyeats.com