9 cups shredded cabbage
1½ c shredded carrot
2 med onions, finely chopped / minced
1½ T sesame oil. Use another oil for AIP
1½ t ginger (powdered)
½ t black pepper (omit for AIP)
1 tsp garlic granules (or 4 cloves garlic) (see how to make Homemade Garlic Powder)
1½ t salt (I use Real Salt)
1/16 tsp stevia extract (or 4 T other sweetener)
½ T crushed red pepper (optional. Omit for AIP.)
2 T white wine (omit or substitute more broth for AIP.)
⅓ cup beef broth (see Homemade Broth Tips)
4 tsp tamari, liquid aminos, soy sauce, or coconut aminos or to taste
1½ lb ground beef (or ground or finely chopped chicken). Pork can be used as well. Omit for vegan or for a vegetable side.
Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Place meat in large pan and cook until browned.
- On medium high heat, add the onions and sesame oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, wine, and broth to the pan and stir well.
- Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
- Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.
- Serve plain or over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Original Recipes visit: Egg Roll in a Bowl @ wholenewmom.com