1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef, onion, paprika, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt and pepper. If using a ground beef with a higher fat content add in the seasonings after draining the grease.
- Stir in the milk, broth, macaroni and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
* If using a whole wheat macaroni you may need to add in more liquid while cooking.
* This recipe is for macaroni if using another type of pasta you may need to adjust liquids.
* It is important to drain extra liquids after browning hamburger.
Original Recipes visit: Homemade Hamburger Helper @ countrysidecravings.com