70 snaps pretzels
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups dry roasted lightly salted peanuts
2 (11 ounce) bags caramel squares
2 (10 ounce) bags dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chips)
- Line a 9x13-inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the pretzels snuggly in the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle peanut butter over pretzels. With a spatula, spread the peanut butter evenly to cover all of the pretzels.
- Sprinkle the peanuts evenly over the peanut butter layer and place the pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- While the peanut butter layer is setting, unwrap the caramels. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and continue to stir until caramel is smooth and of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle caramel evenly over all of the peanuts. Place pan back in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and immediately cut into 2x2-inch squares with a sharp knife. Spread squares out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate (1 bag at a time) in a shallow microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Return to microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and continue to stir until all of the chocolate chips are melted.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the candy bars from the freezer. Using a fork, dip the candy bars one at a time into the melted chocolate until each one is completely coated in chocolate. Make sure the pretzel layer remains on bottom. Remove and let excess chocolate drip off of the candy bar and the fork before placing on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining candy bars and remaining chocolate chips until all candy bars are coated. Place candy bars back in the refrigerator to set for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
If you live in warm temperatures, store candy bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let candy bars set out for about 5 minutes before eating to let the caramel soften a bit. Otherwise, store candy bars in a cool, dry place.
Original Recipes visit: Homemade Take 5 Candy Bars @ thebakermama.com