3 cups flour
1 cup white granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 medium ripe bananas
8 oz crushed pineapple (with juice)
1 cup chopped pecans
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup crushed pineapples (juice squeezed out)
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup COOL Whip (optional)
2 8oz packs of cream cheese, softened
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup finely chopped pecans
Optional: 1½ cups chopped pecans for topping of the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 casserole baking pan.
- Combine flour, both sugars, baking soda, pecans, and cinnamon on a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla extract, crushed pineapple and smashed bananas. Whisk until all combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until smoothly combined.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes. Poke holes all over the cake (use something that is about a pencil thickness).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, cinnamon, and COOL whip (if using) together.
- Evenly, pour sweet sauce mixture all over the cake. Let it seep in and cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together, on medium-high speed, until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Lower the speed to low and beat-in powder sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and vanilla extract.
- Turn the speed back up to medium-high and beat for about 3-4 minutes, until the frosting is light, smooth and fluffy.
- Once the cake is cooled, evenly frost the cake all over.
- Optional: spread chopped pecans all over the top of the frosted cake.
- Cover and keep the cake refrigerated when not serving.
Original Recipes visit: Hummingbird Poke Cake @ willcookforsmiles.com