3 pounds of beef stew, cut into 1-inch pieces and fat trimmed
1/3 cup flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 Tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 Tbs. tomato paste
2 1/2 cups reduced sodium beef stock
1/4 cup of chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- In a large bowl, combine stew meat with flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in Instant Pot using Saute function adjusted to high and sear beef in batches.
- Remove stew meat from Instant Pot and wine.
- Let wine reduce by half.
- Return beef to Instant Pot and add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomato paste and beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lid to Instant Pot, turn Pressure Release Valve to Sealing and set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 20 minutes using Manual mode.
- Once 20 minutes countdown is completed, let Instant Pot Natural Pressure Release for about 10 minutes.
- Then turn Pressure Release Valve to let any remaining pressure escape.
- Carefully open lid, angling Instant Pot lid away from you as your twist it off to avoid the hot steam.
- Stir in flat leaf parsley and additional salt and paper as needed.
Original Recipes visit: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Beef Stew @ number-2-pencil.com