1 cup and 3/4 leftover mashed potatoes cold
1 large egg
1/3 cup all-purpose flour + 3 Tablespoons for coating
1 Tablespoon dry Ranch seasoning mix
2/3 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, egg, Ranch seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Add flour and cheddar and stir until all flour is incorporated.
- Using a regular size ice cream scoop, form 8 balls of dough. Roll each one in additional flour, gently flattening into about 3/4" thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Fry each cake on one side for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side.
- Remove onto a cooling rack or paper towel lined plate.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Original Recipes visit: Leftover Mashed Potato Cheddar Ranch Cakes @ crunchycreamysweet.com