1 box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
25 Golden Oreos (or another vanilla flavored cookie/graham cracker)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 containers (8 ounces each) Cool Whip Topping (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced and patted dry
- Whisk pudding, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the crust.
- Crush the cookies in a large gallon sized ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs. Place the 2 tablespoons melted butter in the bag and press with your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Pour crumbs into a 9” square baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it’ll stay crumbly.
- Fold 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding. Place half the pudding mixture on top of the crust. Place the strawberries in a single layer over the pudding. Spread remaining pudding mix over the top of the berries. Top with more whipped topping and sprinkle the remaining cookies over the top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- If you want to use fresh whipped cream, go ahead! You'll need at least 2-3 cups of cold heavy whipping cream. Whip it until stiff peaks form then substitute it for the whipped topping. 8 ounces of Cool Whip is approximately 4 cups of whipped cream.
- If you want, try using cheesecake or lemon instant pudding. They'd both be delicious in this!
Original Recipes visit: No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert @ crazyforcrust.com