1 large onion finely diced
1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
2 cups milk
1 cup beer
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups shredded cheese such as cheddar, colby jack, etc.
Dash of hot sauce
Dash of ground mustard
Sliced green onions
- Slice bacon into small strips, saute in bottom of dutch oven or soup pot.
- Remove browned bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
- Add diced onions to bacon grease and 1 Tbsp butter and saute over medium heat until caramelized.
- Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute, then whisk in beer and cook for another minute.
- Add in chicken stock and milk and whisk to incorporate.
- Cook until thickened, then add shredded cheese and stir well.
- Top with desired toppings.
Original Recipes visit: Onion Beer Cheese Soup-Dip @ thechunkychef.com