1 lb loaf Sourdough Or French Bread, cut into chunks
3 cups (326g) chopped apples (2 large apples)
8 large eggs
2 cups (480ml) milk (whole or 2%)
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup (104g) sugar
1/4 cup (36g) light brown sugar, unpacked
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (98g) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (169g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, cut into pieces
- Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine the bread chunks and chopped apples and lay in an even layer in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, minus the streusel, and pour evenly over bread. Cover the casserole and store in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake the casserole, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Bake the casserole for about 35-40 minutes.
- While casserole bakes, in another bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the streusel. Add the butter and mash into the dry mixture until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and crumble the streusel over the top of the casserole.
- Continue baking casserole for about 5 minutes, or until the streusel is melted over the top.
- Serve the casserole warm with syrup.
Original Recipes visit: Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole @ lifeloveandsugar.com