4 organic russet potatoes
8 tablespoons pizza sauce
Italian Beef Sausage Links, removed from casing and browned
30 slices pepperoni (check for no added sugar or nitrates)
Black olives (optional)
8 oz sautéed mushrooms (optional)
Roasted garlic (optional)
Pizza seasoning (like Frontier Co-op) or Oregano
any other favorite pizza topping
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Wash and poke holes in the potatoes, brush with coconut oil and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut the potatoes in half and scoop out most of the inside. A cookie scoop works best for this. It removes the filling without ruining the skin.
- Brush both sides with coconut oil again and bake face down on the sheet tray for 7 minutes.
- Turn over and bake 5 minutes.
- Fill with sauce, sausage, mushrooms, olives, garlic, and pepperoni. Sprinkle some pizza seasoning or oregano on before the pepperoni if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pepperoni is crispy. Serve hot.
Original Recipes visit: Paleo Pizza Potato Skins @ jaysbakingmecrazy.com