1: 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
1 cup sunflower seeds, de-shelled/shelled/no shells
1 cup Diamond of California sliced almonds
2: 3 ounce bags ramen* (any flavor, you won't be using the seasoning packets so it doesn't matter)
5 stalks of scallions, sliced
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, place coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, crushed ramen (see note below), and scallions.
- In a large measuring cup, add vegetable oil, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk together. Don't worry if the sugar will not completely dissolve.
- Pour oil mixture over the coleslaw mix and toss everything together with a large spatula until everything is coated well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold or room temperature.
- To crush ramen, place ramen block into a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin, gently crush the ramen into smaller pieces.
- I personally didn't add the seasoning packets because I don't like the MSG/sodium content in ramen seasoning packets. However, I know this is a popular recipe and there are MANY variations of it. So, it's all up to preference on whether or not you want to add the seasoning packets, or anything else to this salad! :)
Original Recipes visit: Ridiculously Amazing Asian Ramen Salad @ tablefortwoblog.com