1 lb. fresh salmon, skin removed or cooked leftover salmon*
1½ cups cooked quinoa, completely cooled
1 green onion, sliced
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
⅓ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. paprika
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. You want the salmon just slightly undercooked. Flake with a fork and cool enough to handle.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flaked salmon, quinoa, green onion, parsley, mayonnaise, Dijon, egg, lemon juice, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Using your hands or an ice cream scoop, shape salmon mixture into 2-inch wide patties. I found that they stick better together when shaping them by hand.
- Pour just enough olive oil into a medium non-stick skillet to cover the bottom. Preheat on medium heat. Fry the cakes for 4-5 minutes per side or just until golden brown. If they seem to be frying too quickly or slowly, adjust the heat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and repeat with the rest of the cakes. Serves 8 (2 cakes per person)
*for moist salmon cakes, do not overcook the salmon and skimp out on the mayo
*if using leftover salmon, you may have to adjust your cooking time slightly
Original Recipes visit: Salmon Quinoa Cakes @ littlebroken.com