2 tablespoons olive oil
2 lb potatoes, thinly sliced
2 large onions, thinly sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
4-6 chicken drumsticks
2 thick cut bacon slices, uncooked
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 300F. Grease an 11" cast iron skillet with olive oil. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes. I love keeping the skin on but if that’s not your thing, you can peel them.
- Using a mandoline , a food processor or a very sharp knife , thinly slice the potatoes and onions. Mince the garlic and finely chop the thyme and rosemary.
- In a large bowl combine the sliced potatoes, onions, minced garlic, fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper and arrange layers of the potatoes in the prepared skillet.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on top of the potatoes and finish with pieces of roughly chopped bacon.
- Pour the chicken stock in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in the heated oven. Bake for 2 hours without opening the oven.
- After two hours, open the oven and remove the aluminum foil.
- Turn he broiler on and cook for few more minutes until the potatoes slices and chicken get a little brown color.
- Turn the oven off and serve warm.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Baked Potatoes and Chicken Skillet @ atreatsaffair.com