2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ lb lean beef stew meat
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons flour
4 large yukon golden potatoes, peeled and largely diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
2 large parsnips, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
½ large yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 cups beef broth
11.2 fluid ounce bottle Guinness Extra Stout (about 1 cup + foam)
Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Turn slow cooker on.
- In a large bowl, toss beef together with salt, pepper, and flour to coat. Add to the pan and cook until all sides of the chunks are browned (about 8 minutes).
- While beef is browning, add potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Stir to coat.
- Add browned beef, beef broth, and Guinness to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high, 8-10 hours on low. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a pint of Guinness.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew @ aberdeenskitchen.com