1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M baking bits (or regular M&Ms)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, lightly spray them with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments of time, mixing in between each, until butter and chocolate are completely melted and can easily be whisked smooth. Set aside. *You may also do this process on the stove top if you don't own a microwave. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine - be sure not to over mix here!
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture, M&Ms, and milk chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, place pans in the oven, one at time, and reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are not jiggly. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving. To make your cookies look just like mine, press a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips of the warm cookies right when they come out of the oven.
For a festive twist, try baking them with holiday M&Ms!
Original Recipes visit: Soft Batch Chocolate M&M Cookies @ bakerbynature.com