6 cups Rice Krispies or any crisp rice cereal
1 10-oz bag of your favorite brand of mini marshmallows
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pastel M & M's or other candies for decoration
- In a large pan, melt the butter and mini marshmallows together over low heat. Stir frequently, or you can have some little helpers do this for you.
- When marshmallows are melted, stir in the vanilla extract, and remove from heat.
- Add the cereal, one cup at a time, and stir after each cup is added.
- When the cereal is fully mixed with the marshmallows, spoon into a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan.
- When the mixture is slightly cool, press in the candies over the top of the cereal.
- Refrigerate until firm, and enjoy!
Original Recipes visit: Spring Marshmallow Krispie Treats @ meatloafandmelodrama.com