1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir to combine (Note - If your cocoa powder is particularly lumpy you may wish to sift it before adding it).
- Add the flour, salt, and stir to combine.
- Add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan (it will be thick) and smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chunks on top, lightly tapping them down so they adhere.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow brownies to cool in pan on a wire rack for about 2 hours before slicing and serving. I sliced them into 8 generous rectangles similar to how Starbucks does it.
Original Recipes visit: Starbucks Double Chocolate Brownies (Copycat Recipe) @ averiecooks.com