4 cups potatoes about 5 large
1-2 tbsp butter, or dairy free margarine for potatoes
1 lb or 454g, extra lean ground beef
1 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
12 oz pack frozen fire roasted corn
6 oz frozen green peas or carrots
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
TACO SEASONING MIX
2 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
- You will need an 8x8 oven proof dish, or one of similar size.
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- How long they take to cook depends on how small you cut them so you will need to check them after ten minutes until they are fully cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a little olive oil in a skillet and brown the beef, chopped onion and taco spices on a medium/high heat, stirring from time to time. This will take about ten minutes.
- After ten minutes of browning the meat you can add the frozen vegetables (If you are Paleo or Whole30 you may want to substitute the corn for another veggie) and mix well together then pour the meat mixture into your oven proof dish.
- Once the potatoes are cooked drain them and mash with a little butter or dairy free margarine (omit for whole30) and spread evenly over the top of the meat mixture.
- Add shredded cheese (optional) over the top of the potatoes (vegan cheese works too) and place the dish on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 25 - 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Original Recipes visit: Taco Shepherd's Pie @ noshtastic.com