5 pound bag of potatoes peeled and cubed
1 large shallot minced (or 3 Tablespoons minced onion)
5-6 cups chicken broth
4 Tablespoons butter
⅓ cup softened cream cheese
⅓ cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1-2 cups milk (depending on how thin you want your soup)
1 bag of real bacon bits
salt and pepper to taste
1 green onion chopped for garnish
- Add the minced shallots and potatoes to an Instant Pot.
- Pour enough chicken broth in the pot to cover the potatoes. Seal the lid and cook on manual or soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, turn the valve from sealing to venting to release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and mash the potatoes. Use a potato masher or an electric hand mixer.
- Add butter, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and blend to the consistency you like best.
- Add milk to the soup.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.
If making in your slow-cooker, cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Original Recipes visit: 10 Minute Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup @ livinglocurto.com