5 large eggs, at room temperature
8oz (225gr) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (about 275ml)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). You will need at least 2.5in (6cm) deep 8in (20sm) springform pan. Cut 3.5-inch (9cm)-wide long strip and 8-inch (20cm) round circle of parchment paper. Line the sides and the bottom of the springform pan with the prepare parchment paper. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add condensed milk, beat for another minute.
- Then add the egg yolks and continue to beat until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until hard peaks form. Make sure the bowl and the beaters are squeaky clean and free of grease. (Tip: Egg whites at room temperature are easier to beat and reach hard peak faster.)
- Fold in half of the whipped egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Then add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until well-combined and no white streaks are visible.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and tap on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place a baking sheet on the lower rack of the oven and pour about 2 cups of boiling water.
- Put the cheesecake pan on the middle rack above the rack with water bath.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and cool the cake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and gently peel off the parchment paper from the sides.
- Cool completely on the counter, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, gently remove the parchment paper on the bottom. Make sure the cheesecake is chilled and set completely. Transfer the cheesecake onto the serving platter. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruits.
Original Recipes visit: 3-Ingredient Soufflé Cheesecake @ sweetandsavorybyshinee.com