6 Tbsp Dutch-processed cocoa unsweetened
6 Tbsp hot water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar sifted
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa unsweetened, sifted
1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Whisk cocoa and hot water together until smooth, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Transfer butter to the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until mixture has cooled, approx 4mins.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla and cocoa mixture, beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream in 2 additions. Beat until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into lined cups. I use a large ice cream scoop for this. Fill about 3/4 full.*
- Bake for 15-20mins or until a cake tester comes out mostly clean. Rotate the trays after 10mins.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool for 10mins, then remove cupcakes from tins and cool completely on wire racks.
- Decorate with Baileys Buttercream.
- Prepare a stand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa, whisk together well.
- Whip butter until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low and add in icing sugar /cocoa mixture 1 cup at a time until well blended.
- Increase speed to med and beat for 1 minute.
- Add 2 Tbsp Baileys and 2 Tbsp cream and continue to beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add more cream as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- I whipped this for a few minutes longer as I was determined to get rid of the graininess.
*For smaller cupcakes, fill 2/3 full. The recipe will likely make about 20 cupcakes then.
Original Recipes visit: Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes @ livforcake.com