For the Fries:
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed
1 tbsp avocado oil or light flavored olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp onion powder - optional
For the Chipotle Ranch:
1 cup Paleo mayo - either homemade* or purchased**
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
1 and ½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried chives
Optional salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cut your potatoes into ½ inch "fries", then pat them dry on all sides with paper towels to absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Put the fries in a large bowl and toss evenly with the oil, salt and pepper, and onion powder if using. Make sure the fries are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread out the fries on the two parchment lined baking sheets with at least ½ inch of space around each one. More space ensures crispier fries!
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, turn them over (or shake a bit to turn as many as possible), lower the heat to 400 and continue to bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- While the fries bake, make your ranch! Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate until the fries are done. Serve with the hot fries and fresh chopped chives if desired. The chipotle ranch is also a great topping for burgers, chili, chicken, almost anything! Enjoy!
- This recipe will make 4 servings of fries and lots of extra dip. Store leftover dip in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
*I always use homemade recipe that's ready in just 1 minute using an immersion blender!
**Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo is a great option
Original Recipes visit: Baked FrenchFries with Chipotle Ranch Dip (Paleo & Whole30) @ paleorunningmomma.com