2 chicken cutlets or 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise, season with kosher salt and black pepper
2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
2 slices of bacon
1/2 of a Honeycrisp apple or variety of choice, sliced thin
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons Sabra Honey Mustard Spread
4 slices crusty whole wheat bread or bread of choice, toasted
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and place it on a plate.
- Pour out the bacon grease, but don't wipe it clean.
- Add in the sliced apples and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, black pepper and the fresh thyme leaves.
- Sauté for approximately 2-4 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Remove the apples from the skillet and place them onto the plate with the bacon.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray if necessary and add in the chicken cutlets.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- During the last minute of cooking add the cheddar cheese to the top of the chicken and cover the skillet with a lid or piece of foil until the cheese is melted.
- Spread the Honey Mustard Spread on all 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Place the cooked chicken on 2 slices of the bread and top with the bacon and apples.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.
Original Recipes visit: Cheddar, Bacon, Chicken, Apple Sandwiches with Honey Mustard Spread @ reciperunner.com