1 pound pizza dough
1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup frozen corn
1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Flat leaf parsley and fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat melt the butter.
- When the butter is melted add in the diced onion and carrot, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Sautè the onion and carrot for about 3 minutes until they have softened.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir together until combined then let it cook for another minute.
- Slowly pour in the broth and milk whisking the entire time.
- Continue to whisk the sauce for another 3-4 minutes or until it becomes thick.
- Once the sauce has thickened add in the frozen corn, peas, and diced chicken and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a prepared pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Pour the chicken pot pie mixture onto the pizza dough and spread it into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with the shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with chopped fresh thyme and flat leaf parsley if desired.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.
Original Recipes visit: Chicken Pot Pie Pizza @ reciperunner.com