1 dozen eggs
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
½ cup mayo
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
Salt & pepper
Bread for sandwiches
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with water.
- Place on stove over high heat. Bring water to a hard boil and allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Cover the pot. Remove from heat, and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, dump out the hot water and refill the pot with the eggs with cold water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Crack and peel the eggs. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until cold.
- When the eggs are cold, finely chop them with a knife or egg slicer and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion and celery and toss to combine.
- Add mayo, mustard, and relish and stir gently until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the egg mixture onto bread to make sandwiches.
Original Recipes visit: Classic Egg Salad @ thegraciouswife.com