1 and 1⁄2 packages (12 ounces) cream cheese, softened 1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup sugar + 1 TBS Sugar
1 TBS flour
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
6 fun size snickers bars, chopped roughly (or 1 whole regular sized snickers bar) + 3 fun size snickers for topping
3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 TBS butter, melted
1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
caramel sauce for topping (as much as desired)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese, vanilla, and 1⁄2 cup sugar, salt and flour; using the paddle attachment beat on medium until completely combined and no lumps. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixed. Add sour cream and beat for 30 seconds; scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula; beat 15 seconds. Add the 6 chopped snickers bars, and beat 20 seconds. Set mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, 1 TBS sugar, and cinnamon with a fork; completely combine. Pour crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and press down evenly to make the crust.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust, into the springform pan.
- Add just under 1 inch of water to your large slow cooker (5, 6, or 7 quart slow cooker).
- Place a wire rack into the bottom (I used 3 rings from Mason jar lids to set it on), and then place the filled springform pan on top. Lay 3 layers of paper towels across the top of the slow cooker (hold tight so they don’t fall and touch the cheesecake), then place the lid on top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours (do not remove the lid at all during this time), turn off and let stand for 1-2 hours or until slow cooker is cool. Place cheesecake in pan into the fridge and let set for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Using a non serrated long knife, run it between the cake and the pan sides, then release the lock and pop to cake out on the base. Using the remaining 3 fun size snickers, chop and sprinkle over the top of the cake. Then, using the caramel sauce, drizzle over the top. Slice and serve!
- Serves 6-8 (depending on slice size)
Original Recipes visit: Homemade Snickers Cheesecake Recipe @ passionforsavings.com