2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Filling:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding
3 cups milk
1½ cups heavy cream
½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust: In a food processor, pulse the flour and butter together until a dough forms. Add the pecans and mix until combined. If you don't have a good processor you can cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or 2 forks and add the pecans after the butter is cut in.
- Press the mixture into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let crust cool. While the crust is baking prepare the remaining layers.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice together until smooth. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
- For the Pudding layer: In a separate bowl, mix the lemon pudding and milk together and beat for 3 to 5 minutes. Let the mixture set up slightly in the refrigerator if it's not thick yet. Once it has set up a little spread it over the cream cheese layer.
- For the Whipped Cream: Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Spread over pudding mixture.
- Chill dessert until ready to serve.
Usually I make all of the layers while the crust is cooking. I place them in separate bowls and chill them in the fridge until I'm ready to assemble.
Original Recipes visit: Lemon Lush @ the-girl-who-ate-everything.com