3 c. elbow macaroni
4 Tbsp. butter
½ c. flour
½ tsp. dry mustard
1½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
6 c. milk
1 lb. shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
½ c. panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
½ package bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp. minced chives
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Return to heat; cook over medium-high heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir until it begins to melt.
- Mix cheese mixture with cooked macaroni; pour into greased 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over mac & cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven; top with crumbled bacon, chives, and sour cream.
Original Recipes visit: Loaded Mac & Cheese @ lemontreedwelling.com