1 2-pound pork tenderloin
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeño chopped
2 teaspoons salt
Juice of one lime
Juice of one navel orange
Pork Tenderloin Rub
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pat dry pork tenderloin with paper towels. Combine rub ingredients and rub all over tenderloin then place in your Crockpot.
- Top with remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. When done, the meat will be cooked through and very tender, easily separated with a fork.
- Remove the tenderloin from the Crockpot and shred the meat with two forks. Do not discard juices.
- To Serve
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add enough carnitas to cover the surface without crowding and ladle a little of the carnitas juice over. Cook until juice has evaporated and bottom of carnitas is crispy and browned. Flip and cook briefly, but not until too brown.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with a little more juice. Serve.
- Wait until you're ready to serve to sear the meat in the skillet. Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container with juices drizzled over until ready to serve.
- I recommend this programmable Crockpot.
Original Recipes visit: Paleo Carnitas from Pork Tenderloin (Crockpot, Whole30) @ 40aprons.com