2 tbsp olive oil
1 onions finely sliced
1 lb carrots 450g,
1 clove large garlic crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1.2 pints vegetable stock, or chicken stock
large bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Stir in the ground coriander and season well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock and garlic and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the chopped cilantro leaves after you have blended the soup, if you prefer the leaves to be cooked then cook the soup for a minute or two more.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as required
- You can serve it as it is or with a swirl or sour cream on top.
Original Recipes visit: Paleo Carrot Soup with Coriander @ noshtastic.com