1 Tbsp coconut oil or pure beef tallow (such as Fatworks Pure Tallow)
2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ pounds grass-fed ground beef or bison
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
½ 6-oz. can tomato paste
1 14-oz. can pumpkin puree
½ - 1 cup chicken broth or water (homemade or store-bought)
2 ½ tsp. dried oregano
1 ½ Tbsp. chili powder
1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ - ¾ tsp. sea salt
⅛ tsp black pepper
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and saute the onions and peppers, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Use a spatula or large spoon to break it up as it cooks. Cook until meat is nearly cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer meat mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Set heat to LOW and cook for 6-7 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!
Original Recipes visit: Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Chili @ therealfoodrds.com