1 pound chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 16 oz. can can cannellini beans, undrained
1 14 oz. can can kidney beans, undrained
1 14 oz. can can pinto beans, undrained
1 4 oz. can can mild diced green chilies
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tsp EACH ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 14.5 oz can low sodium chicken broth mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Hot sauce to taste (reserve until end of cooking)
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and add to the bottom of your slow cooker, Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir around chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. When chicken is tender, remove to a cutting board to shred or dice (personal preference) and return to slow cooker. Cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Add additional water/chicken broth for a less "chunky" soup if desired.
- Taste and add hot sauce, salt/pepper to taste.
- Best garnished with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, chips and bacon!
STOVETOP: Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven/soup pot. Add chicken and brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Add the remaining ingredients, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender enough to shred. Shred chicken, return to dutch oven and simmer on low for an additional 30 minutes.
Original Recipes visit: Smoky BBQ Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker or Stove Top) @ carlsbadcravings.com