4 small/medium russet potatoes
5 oz container fresh baby spinach
½ of a 14 oz can artichoke hearts (check ingredients)
½ medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small can (5.3 oz) coconut cream*
1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ tsp fine grain sea salt
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp ghee, or butter-flavored coconut oil***
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt if desired, Bake the potatoes at 400 for 1 hour or until soft inside****
- Once cooled, cut each potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a thin layer.
- You will use the inside of 3 of the potatoes, discard the inside only of the 4th, or save for another use**
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sautée, stirring until wilted, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of salt and cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash or blend together the insides from 3 potatoes with the coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, plus ¾ tsp of salt
- Combine the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop into the hollowed potatoes
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve hot. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days - they reheat in the oven or toaster oven really well!
*You can use the equivalent amount of coconut cream from a larger can of chilled coconut milk - the solid part is the cream, you can blend before using.
**You will fill all 4 potato skins so make sure you only discard the scooped-out inside of the 4th one.
***If you use coconut oil (for the vegan version), choose the refined kind (flavorless) or refined with butter flavor
****If you're short on time, bake the potatoes ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to proceed with the recipe.
Original Recipes visit: Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Potatoes (Paleo, Whole30, Vegan) @ paleorunningmomma.com