1 T coconut oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 lb shitake mushrooms
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
12 cups water
4 heads baby bok choy, bottoms chopped off
1/2 head kale, chopped
optional: 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Chop off the bottom of the stem from your mushrooms and discard. Seperate stems from tops and slice tops and remaining stem if necessary, into large pieces. You will only discard the very bottom of the stems, not the full stems as they contain many nutritional benefits!
- Heat up coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in celery and mushrooms and sautee for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms have wilted.
- Add in spices (including ginger, if using) and water and bring to a boil.
- Then let simmer, covered for 1 hour or as long as you want (the longer you leave, the better!)
- Add bok choy and kale in the last 10 minutes of cooking to wilt.
- Serve warm or store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Original Recipes visit: The Ultimate Immune-Boosting Soup @ thehealthymaven.com