1 1/2 cup finely diced raw zucchini, not peeled (about 1 large zucchini)
1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
1 garlic clove, finely crushed
3 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped or dried mint
3 eggs, size 6
3/4 cup grated edam cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Wash the zucchini and remove the ends, keep the skin on for extra fibres.
- Finely diced the zucchini in small cubes of about 2 mm.
- Place the small zucchini cubes into a mixing bowl and using a spoon, combine with eggs, garlic, panko crumbs, mint and cheese.Adjust salt and pepper regarding taste.
- It will form a moist batter that comes easily together. If too moist or stick too much to your hands, add slightly more crumbs, 1 tablespoon at a time until you can easily shape balls with your hands. You should not use more than 4 extra tablespoon of gluten free panko crumbs.
- Form golf size balls rolling the batter into your hands,.
- Place each balls onto a greased cookie sheet. I used 1 tablespoon of oilive oil to rub onto the cookie sheet.
- Shape the balls until no more batter left. I made 16 balls with this batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the outside is golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with dip of your choice or serve cold in kids lunchboxes.
- Can be prepared in advance, store the tray with the prepared zucchini balls in the fridge, cover with plastic wrap.
- Remove wrap and bake before serving.
Original Recipes visit: Zucchini Balls @ sweetashoney.co