1/2 C to 1 C Vegan Mayonnaise such as Just Mayo or Vegenaise
***Can't find vegan Mayonnaise? Make your own! Combine 4oz Silken Tofu or soft, 2Tbl Lemon Juice, 2 tsp Dijon Mustard, 1 C Oil and Salt in a blender until smooth)***
1/2 C Vegan Cream Cheese such as Tofutti, softened
***Can't find vegan Cream Cheese? In this recipe you could substitute an avocado, silken tofu or even canned coconut cream - that is, the solids that form in the can when refrigerated over night. Discard the liquid or use in a smoothie!)***
1 C Vegan Parmesan such as GO Veggie! or Parma, plus more for topping
***Can't find vegan Parmesan? Try combining 1/2 C raw cashews or walnuts with 2 Tbl nutritional yeast and 1/2 tsp salt in a food processor*** gives that "cheesy" flavor
15 oz . Can of Artichoke Hearts drained, patted dry and quartered
about 8-9 oz. of frozen Spinach defrosted, drained, patted dry and chopped
1 Tbl of diced Pimentos you could also use red peppers here
Minced Garlic optional and to taste
Paprika for garnish
Parsley for garnish
- Soften the cream cheese so it's easier to mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo and parmesan in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the spinach of all moisture. Chop and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Drain the artichokes, pat dry and chop into quarters. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the pimentos and minced garlic, mixing until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. If the dish is very full, place the baking dish onto a baking sheet to catch any liquids that might boil over.
- Top with additional parmesan, paprika and parsley.
- Bake until golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Vegan) @ theveglife.com