2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (rotisserie works)
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
1 small green pepper
1 small onion
1 small red pepper
2 Tbs oil
9 slices pepper jack cheese
1 (12 count) pkg slider buns
1/8 cup sea salt
1/8 cup chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne peppers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In skillet heat add your oil, onion and peppers and heat until they are tender, remove and set aside.
- To make chili salt add all ingredients to bowl and stir until mixed.
- Add your chicken, about 2 Tbs (more or less for heat preference) and can of green chiles, stir and heat through, remove from heat.
- In an 11"x7" (could use a larger pan if you don't have one this size) pan place the bottoms of slider buns and add your cooked chicken.
- Top with pepper and onion mixture and layer with cheese.
- Place tops of buns over chicken and cover with tin foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Chicken Fajita Sliders @ tornadoughalli.com